Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Blogging World

I initially started this blog in an attempt to work through my crap and figure out how I got to where I got.  And I got to 255 pounds.  If you  have been following my blog, or know me at all, or don't live under a rock, you know that I tend to ruminate over things.  So I figured that starting a blog would be like writing in a journal.  I could process my feelings and give them a healthier place to be.  I think it has helped me.  I've certainly come a long way from that first entry.

http://thefoodwar.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html

Along the way, I have gotten a bit of teasing for posting so much.  I have felt exposed, vulnerable, and desperate.  But I have also realized that it's not me just asking for support anymore.  I am now in a position where I can support other people!   I can be an inspiration.  Maybe something that I write triggers something in someone else.  Maybe someone else can see themselves in me.  Maybe my willingness to be raw and real allows someone else to do the same.  It's not just me.  I am not unique in this fight.  I am not the only one who didn't know what to do at 255 pounds, but knew that I needed to do something.  I'm not the only one who has stood on that scale and either wanted to throw it through the window or sob hysterically.  I'm not the only one struggling with those last 10-20 pounds worried they may never get there.

Recently I have decided to try and expand my audience.  I have been getting more hits on my posts and it made me wonder if my words have more impact then I thought.  Maybe they don't, I don't know.  Maybe I have a stalker who has read them 70 times and I'll have pie in my face.  But maybe my story has touched someone and in helping myself I am also helping someone else.

So I've joined twitter. (WHAT?) and Pinterest.  I have started posting my blog entries on those sites to see if more people are interested.  With Pinterest I have to attach a picture to each post, which I find annoying because sometimes they just don't seem appropriate. (I'm not entirely sold on the concept that Pinterest is the best place to promote a blog but we'll see). 

I'd love for you to follow me and help cheer me on along the way, or offer insight or advice, or post your own comments!! Thank you again for the ongoing support and love that I always receive from most of you!  I truly truly appreciate it.

Happy Blogging ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment