Saturday, February 22, 2014

Inspire Me!


I post a lot about exercising on Facebook.  For a multitude of reasons.  Sometimes I post to keep myself accountable.  Sometimes I post because it's just a passion of mine.  Sometimes I post to possibly be a motivator to someone else.  I know there have been numerous occasions where I was slipping into poorer eating habits, and then a friend posted about her clean food meal she made and it reminds me to make a healthier choice the next meal.  Sometimes I really don't feel like going to the gym, and a friend posts about her work out and it pushes me out the door.  We all inspire and affect one another, whether we like to admit it or not.

My brother in law is in the hospital.  His appendix burst and there has been quite a lot of infection issues following his initial surgery. And it's scary.  We love him and my sister and her family would forever be changed if they lost him.  Last year my sister was misdiagnosed and told she had metastasized cancer and we thought we could lose her.  These have been gut wrenching reality checks.  We only get a little bit of time.  It feels like nothing will ever happen to us or our loved ones and we often take each other for granted.  Until tragedy strikes and you are quickly reminded that life is fleeting.  So I am going to do everything I can to keep myself as healthy as I can.  There are so many things completely out of my control.  But I can control the things I can control.  I can put in mostly good healthy nourishing food into my body.  And I can exercise so that my body and my heart are strong.  And I can self reflect on my own behavior so that I can have meaningful relationships with the people that I love the most.

I'm gonna keep posting.  I know there are people that are irritated by it.  And what I have learned in my own journey is that when I am confident in my own choices, I'm not threatened by anyone else's.  If my posting about exercising annoys you, then honestly I think that it says way more about you then it actually says about me.  I'm gonna do me.  And maybe me inspires someone who has had a hard time taking that first step.  Or maybe me pushes someone who has fallen off the wagon to get back on.  Or maybe my post simply connects me to someone else and both of us are a little less alone in our journey.


What motivates you?

No comments:

Post a Comment