Thursday, July 24, 2014

Filler

So I have a few blog posts in the making.  But I realized that I can go for longer periods of time in between blog posts because I either haven't really figured out how to say what I want to say, or feel like I have to wait to see how something plays out before I reflect on it.  I'm not super good at the 'post something every day' thing.  I don't know if this makes me a bad blogger or not.  Maybe people want to read something every day.  Maybe I post too often and people are groaning when I post yet another blog.

Who the hell really knows?

Tonight I decided to post what I made for dinner.  I have gotten much better about preparing healthy meals, not just grabbing healthier convenient frozen food.  I don't always nail it but I try to make a better decision every day.  Eventually those will all add up right?

Green Bean and Shrimp Curry

Shrimp (I get the pre-cooked frzoen shrimp from Costco. Because a) I can't really afford fresh seafood on a regular basis and b) fresh shrimp is kind of gross. lol
Green beans.
1 can coconut milk from TJ's. (I went with the light coconut milk tonight but decided the extra fat is worth it. Tasted so much better)
Green onions
Garlic (to taste- I tend to use 5 cloves cause we are garlic junkies)
4 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp cornstarch


Saute up the green beans and then add shrimp and green onions and garlic.
Then add the coconut milk and everything else. Stir it until it's all dissolved and mixed together. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for a bit


While it was simmering, Grant, my youngest, stole the camera.  So I had some fun with him.






Little changes add up.

Keep it clean peeps.  I go for 80/20.  80% of the time I eat clean healthy whole food.  20% is the "I'm human" percent.  And none of us are perfect.  I'm striving for better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment