Thursday, June 5, 2014

Next Challenge- Bend Or Bust Bitches!

They say that you should sign up for a race, or a mud run, or something to keep you going.  Something you are training for, working toward.

I found mine.

I hate races.  Basically because I hate running.  I do it as an added fitness tool; but I have never, nor will I probably ever, enjoy it.  Not even one second of it.  I also have zero desire to trudge around in the mud.  (I would actually love to do an obstacle type race but until they stop adding the mud and electrical wires I'm gonna have to pass).

But I love my spin. The irony is that I am scared of actual bike riding.  Mainly because of the cars.  So looking through my facebook feed today I found this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152225009293925&set=a.101921808924.92996.45558458924&type=1&theater

A bike scenic tour in Bend, Oregon with NO CARS.  This will be a beast I'm sure.  And my tummy is already rumbling with nerves thinking about it.  Which is how I know it's my next challenge!

I'm going for it.  I think Bend is going to be a great place for me to pursue outdoor recreational activities that push me out of my comfort zone and are athletically challenging.  I can't wait.

As my cousin would say, "Bend or Bust Bitches!"

No comments:

Post a Comment